Physiotherapy means physiotherapeutic system of medicine which includes
examination, treatment, advice and instructions to any person preparatory to or
for the purpose of or in connection with movement dysfunction, bodily
malfunction, physical disorder, disability, healing and pain from trauma and
disease, physical and mental conditions using physical agents including
exercise, mobilization, manipulation, mechanical and electrotherapy, activity
and devices or diagnosis, treatment and prevention. However, various other
health professionals (e.g., Chiropractic, Osteopathy) use some physical
therapeutic methods. A program of physical therapy will typically involve
Physiotherapist's utilize an individual's history and physical examination in
diagnosis and treatment, and if necessary, will incorporate the results of
laboratory and imaging studies. Electro diagnostic testing (e.g. electromyograms
and nerve conduction velocity testing) may also be of assistance.
Physiotherapists practice in many settings, such as outpatient clinics or
offices, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, extended care facilities, homes,
education or research centers, schools, hospices, industrial workplaces or other
occupational environments, fitness centers and sports training facilities.
Goals and objectives of Institution
- To cater physiotherapy education and reach out to the unreached.
- To acquire adequate knowledge of the basic medical subjects in the practice of Physiotherapy.
- Serve as responsible members in the professional community and are willing and
able to assume leadership roles in the communities they serve.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values in students.
- To prepare physiotherapist to meet the health care needs of the society.
- To develop creative thinking and scientific interest among students.
- To prepare our graduates to exercise leadership for making a contribution in their
- To establish and maintain this institution as a center of excellence in
- To provide administrative, academic and support services that create an
environment conducive to teaching, learning and student success.
- To set high standards of comprehensive professional education by developing the
intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards professional
- Identify researchable problems, advocate and participate in research and
incorporate research finding into clinical practice.
- To produce graduates of international standards committed to professionalism.
- To enhance faculty for development and sustenance of physiotherapy as an
established method of health care.